5th Africa Conference on Sexual Health and Rights
||19-09-2012 - 22-09-2012
|| 12:00 - 12:00
The Africa Sexuality Resource Centre, on behalf of the African Federation for Sexual Health and Rights (AFSHR), will organize the 5th Africa Conference on Sexual Health and Rights.
The conference will be held in from 19th - 22nd September, 2012, and will have as its theme: "Sexual Health and Culture in Africa".
The following sub-themes will be explored:
* Culture, Sexual Rights and Law (harmful traditional practices, positive cultural practices supporting sexual health, sexual identity, sexual orientation, sexual intimacy, sexual violence, transactional sex, sexual slavery, human trafficking, sexuality and conflicts)
* Culture, Reproductive Health and Rights (marriage, reproduction, infertility, assisted reproductive technology, maternal morbidity and mortality, reproductive tract cancers)
* Sexual Dysfunctions, Sexual Medicine, Sexual Surgery and Culture (impotence and erectile dysfunctions, post FGM and VVF repairs)
* Adolescent and Youth Sexuality (sexuality education, virginity, sexual initiation, early and forced marriages, unsafe abortions, family planning)
* Gender, Media, Arts, Sexuality and Culture (sexual safety, sexual pleasure, aphrodisiacs, masturbation, sex toys, masculinity, patriarchy, media accountability)
* Sexuality, HIV/AIDS and Culture (myths about HIV/AIDS, stigma, discrimination, integrating sexuality into HIV/AIDS programmes, sexuality of PLWHIV)
For more information about the conference, please visit the website.