ICPD @ 15
On 4th October 2008, under the banner of the EuroNGOs Small Grants Facility, the EuroNGOs network held a workshop on “Advocating for ICPD@15” in Lyon, France.
This workshop was primarily focused on the importance to exchange information on planned activities and agree on a common agenda and advocacy strategy for the 15th anniversary of the ICPD Program of Action.
The main objectives of the workshop were:
• Update participants on the current situation and UNFPA plans for ICPD@15
• Inform each other on planned actions/projects/campaigns regarding
ICPD@15 in the EU region
• Stimulate exchange of best practices and lessons learned regarding effective ways of engaging with politicians and the development of key advocacy messages for ICPD@15
• Discuss and agree on a common agenda and action on ICPD@15
• Create synergies between participants through an exchange of experience and views and provide a networking opportunity for members with the goal to reinforce the united voice of civil society advocating for ICPD
To read the workshop report, click here.
ICPD @ 15 Events Calendars
IPPF (The International Planned Parenthood Federation) Central Office in London has published a calendar of events that can be used to highlight ICPD+15 events. It can be accessed at http://www.ippf.org/en/What-we-do/Advocacy/International+Conference+on+Population+and+Development15.htm.
EuroNGOs member organisation COMMAT has published a website on ICPD@15 and MDG target 5B on universal access to reproductive health by 2015, which can be accessed at http://ngosforicpdat15.org. NGOs are invited to send information and contributions, or appropriate links, on both these topics for posting on the website.